- Naming ceremony for highly specialised rescue vessels
At Nordic Yards in Wismar two identically designed ice-breaking rescue and salvage vessels have been ceremonially named. After a construction period of around seventeen months they were 19 February, named "Beringov Proliv" and "Murman".
- New shallow-draft river vessels for Lena Basin and other regions of Siberia
- d'Amico Group launches "Cielo d'Italia"
KURASHIKI, Japan, February 3, 2015 - Today at the Sanoyas Shipbuilding Corporation's shipyard in Mizushima, d'Amico Group, the Italian ship-owner operating for over 60 years in the international shipping celebrates the delivery of the "handy-cape" type vessel "Cielo d'Italia", the largest and most innovative ship in the history of the Group. The value of the order for "Cielo d'Italia".
- GE unveils GE Marine Organization
PARIS - January 29, 2015 - GE unveiled today its new GE Marine organization. GE Marine combines the cumulative expertise of several GE businesses and will be led by Tim Schweikert, VP, GE Marine.
- Start of modern marine engines production in Russia
- Sovcomflot and RS cooperateto bring new stateof-the-art vessels to Russia's commercial fleet
Sovcomflot (SCF Group) and the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS) have both taken steps to make the Russian fleet more competitive.
- Russian Maritime Register of Shipping: results of 2014
- LUKOIL pledges cooperation to MSC
LUKOIL has begun supplies of cylinder oils of a new generation, LUKOIL NAVIGO 100 MCL, to MSC OSCAR, the world’s largest container ship, acquired by the Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) earlier this year. The container ship is capable of holding a record number of containers, 19,224 pieces. It is equipped with fuelsaving engines operating on LUKOIL’s new oils.
- Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. to launch marketing office in Russia
PIRAEUS, Greece, Jan. 20, 2015 – Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc. (“Aegean” or “the Company”) today announced that it will commenceimmediate marketing operations in Russia.
- Rostec wins the tender for construction of the first Uganda refinery
RT Global Resources, a Rostec subsidiary, won the tender for construction a refinery in Uganda. The Rostec win inthis tender was the first achievementof this kind for a Russian company in Africa in new history of Russia. Total investments amount to about 3 billion dollars. Implementation of this project will see the transfer of Russian technologies.
- Nothing beats the original – tonnes of SPMT innovations at the TII Group
In 1983, SCHEUERLE, a member of the TII Group, developed a vehicle that would fundamentally change the heavy haulage industry. The SPMT (Self Propelled Modular Transporter), with its container-sized design, was introduced into the heavyload transporter sector and opened upnew dimensions in heavy-load transportation.
- Port news
- Transas put into operation coastal AIS for navigation monitoring on Sakhalin Island
Ocean and shelf exploration
- Gazprom Neft makes first winter shipment of oil from Yamal
Feb. 20, 2015 - Gazprom Neft has made its first ever winter shipment of oil from the Novy Port (Novoportovskoye) field on the Yamal Peninsula. 16 thousand tonnes of crude oil was shipped to European consumers by oil tanker, escorted by an atomic icebreaker.
- Schlumberger to acquire minority share in Eurasia Drilling Company
Schlumberger Limited announced an agreement to acquire a minority equity interest in Eurasia Drilling Company Limited (“EDC”). The agreement extends the successful long-term relationship enjoyed by the two companies within the strategic alliance signed in 2011, which has enabled deployment of a range of drilling and well engineering services to customers in the Russia land conventional drilling market.
- Over three oceans and 16 seas
Jan. 18, 2015 - First Russian research circumnavigation in last 30 years was solemnly welcomed at Kronstadt. Five months ago, on the birthday of the Russian Geographical Society flagship of the hydrographic service of Russian Navy “Admiral Vladimirsky” pulled off from this berth and started its journey.
Go to archive for 2015
# 1(51), 2015
Advertisers of the issue
SETCORP.ru - daily on-line news on shipbuilding, energy, transport. Hot topics are selected for publication in the Maritime Market in the "Industry News - the quarterly review" section.
Become our advertiser and enjoy the opportunity of submitting your company news!
On-line advertising rates
Last Press Releases: