- New submarine has been transferred to the Russian Federation navy ownership
The President of the Russian Federation
Dmitry Medvedev, the Minister of De-
fense of the Russian Federation Anatoly
Serdukov, the Navy Commander in Chief
Vladimir Vysotsky, Director – General
Designer of FSUE “SPMDB Malachite”
Vladimir Pyalov, the President of the
Joint Shipbuilding Corporation Roman
Trotsenko were at the ceremony.
- World’s first floating power unit launched
Nuclear industry is ready to kick-start
production of floating nuclear heat and
power plants (FNHPP) in a number of
modifications with reactors of 10 to 300
MW. This was said by Sergey Kirienko, Di-
rector General of the State Atomic Energy
Corporation Rosatom, during a ceremony
to launch Akademik Lomonosov, the
world’s first floating power unit (FPU),
at the Baltyskiy shipyard, St. Petersburg,
June 30. He also said he expected small
nuclear power plants that would not rely
on well-developed grid facilities to take
over up to 20% of the NPP construction
- Fire-resistant decorative panel FIPRO - beautiful fire protection!
- Principles for creating a new generation of Russian supply vessels for rescue work in ice conditions
- Kobelt Manufacturing – more than 45 years on the market of steering gears
Kobelt is a premier manufacturer of quality marine engine controls, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic steering,
shaft brakes, deck machinery controls and industrial disc brakes used around the globe in all sizes of pleasure craft,
work boats, public service vessels, oil rigs, wind turbines, aerospace and mining industries since 1962.
- Drinking seawater
How much energy does it take to make drinkable freshwater from seawater? With Alfa Laval’s AQUA freshwater generator, it takes 50% less electrical energy and much less space than comparable generators.
- Cargotec delivers on innovation promises
This year has seen Cargotec launch two new MacGregor crane products: the first is its next-generation of electrically-driven cranes, and the second is a heavy-duty workhorse with a 50-tonne lift.
- Sovcomflot keeps expanding its presence in the Aframax tankers sector
On 6 July 2010, SCF Group added a modern
and technologically advanced large-capacity Aframax tanker to its fleet. The vessel was named ”Olympiysky Prospect”.
- SC "Western Shipyard" constructed a gas-powered ferry
The subsidiary company of SC „Western Shipyard“ (WS) ISC „Western
Shipbuilding Yard“ (WSY) finished the construction of a gas – powered
ferry +1A1 class. It is the 22nd ferry constructed in the Western Shipyard.
- Wärtsilä wins major order for 34 sets of Slow Steaming Upgrade Kit from A.P. Moller
Slow steaming has become a recognized means of operating in order to reduce fuel consumption. These cost savings can be further enhanced through the fitting of the Wärtsilä Slow Steaming Upgrade Kit, which enhances the benefit of running at continuous low load.
- The third berth has been built in the cargo port of Sochi
- Results of Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum 2010
- International Transport Forum
- Port news
Ocean and shelf exploration
- On signing agreements between Vnesheconombank, OJSC VEB-Leasing and OJSC Sovcomflot
June 19, 2010 – In the course of the 14th Petersburg International Economic Forum, State Corporation “Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank)“, OJSC VEB-Leasing and OJSC Sovcomflot signe.
- LUKOIL conducts oil spill response exercise in the Caspian Sea
16.06.2010 LUKOIL participated in an
international exercise in the Caspian Sea
aimed at the offshore emergency response
and containment of possible oil spills in the
northern Caspian Sea.
- Arctic Voyage
of SCF Baltica
On 14 August 2010 the ice-class tanker
SCF Baltica, owned by SCF Group, began
her Arctic voyage along the Northern
Sea Route (NSR). The voyage is unique
because it is the first time an Aframax tanker of more than 100,000 dwt is navigating along the NSR shipping lane.
Technologies. Books. Exhibitions
- Man – Sea – Technology
International news and innovations. Author's topic of Valentin Mitrofanov
Go to archive for 2010
# 3(33), 2010
Advertisers of the issue
SETCORP.ru - daily on-line news on shipbuilding, energy, transport. Hot topics are selected for publication in the Maritime Market in the "Industry News - the quarterly review" section.
Become our advertiser and enjoy the opportunity of submitting your company news!
On-line advertising rates
Last Press Releases: