- Keppel in joint venture to build and operate new shipyard in Azerbaijan
President of Azerbaijan, H.E. Ilham Aliyev breaks ground for the new yard in the presence of Singapore’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr George Yeo.
- Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works formed his own distribution network
- Ships for alternative energy infrastructure feature HRP thrusters
Dutch company HRP -
an acronym for Holland
Rudder Propeller - has
been involved with the
green shipping trend
since 2008. But even
before that, the company's thrusters were
often an essential component in diesel-electric propulsion
installations, leading in certain cases to fewer emissions by using diesel engines
closer to their sweet spot.
- Emergency service of the Marine Engineering Bureau to ensure the resque of «Victoria» tanker
- St. Andrew's flag was hoisted
- Russia will enter the top ten world leaders in shipbuilding
- Weighing the benefits of plasma metal cutting technology over oxyfuel in manual cutting applications
Although oxyfuel metal cutting technology is widely used for cutting mild steel,
plasma cutting technology is a rapidly
growing alternative for many compelling
reasons. The ongoing and rapid evolution
of plasma technology has continuously
built on its fundamental advantages, mak
ing it even more viable in an ever-widening
range of applications.
- Bilge water cleaning - what better way of separation
- The new inspection regime of the Paris Memorandum of understanding
In May 2009 the principles of the New Inspection Regime (NIR) were adopted by the Paris
Memorandum of Understanding at its 42nd
Committee meeting. The NIR will replace the existing PSC regime on 1 January 2011. The Ship Risk Profile and the Company Performance Indicator are an important part of the inspection regime.
- Tanktech reliable solution against pirate attacks
Recently there has been a tremendous surge in maritime piracy as pirates try to fill their coffers with monsoon season round the corner when pirates will be out of business
due to high seas. A Russian vessel too was
attacked recently in the Indian Ocean. Now
ship owners are looking for solutions to protect their assets. A Korean company, Tanktech, has come up with an ingenious solution
to prevent pirates from boarding the ship.
Maritime Market conducted interview with
Mr. Kwang-il Joo, President of Tanktech, to
know more about the solution.
- Cold straightening of propeller shafts
- Port news
- Norilsk Nickel is building a reloading terminal in Murmansk
- Port investments and new approaches in grain exports
Ocean and shelf exploration
- Official launch of construction of Nord Stream catural gas pipeline
April 9, 2010 – Today in a symbolic welding of two pipeline segments, the construction phase of the pipeline project that
will directly link Europe’s energy grid to
the world’s largest natural gas reserves
in Russia was officially launched.
- LUKOIL extracts Russia’s first Caspian oil
April 28, 2010 - First oil was extracted today at the Yu. Korchagin field in the Russian offshore of the Caspian Sea.
Technologies. Books. Exhibitions
- The Northern Sea Route: a strategy for revival
- Man – Sea – Technology
International news and innovations. Author's topic of Valentin Mitrofanov
Go to archive for 2010
# 2(32), 2010
Advertisers of the issue
SETCORP.ru - daily on-line news on shipbuilding, energy, transport. Hot topics are selected for publication in the Maritime Market in the "Industry News - the quarterly review" section.
Become our advertiser and enjoy the opportunity of submitting your company news!
On-line advertising rates
Last Press Releases: